Some Uber cars are now coming equipped with car seats! Installed and waiting for your little one when they pull up to the curb.
So far, these seats are really only available in a few major cities like New York. But it is a great step forward for families who rely on the service.
The IMMI Go car seats are very unique and although they don’t work for all children, they are great for kids who meet the following standards:
- Children must be at least 12 months old
- Only available forward facing
- Minimum 22lbs
- Minimum 31 inches tall
So far each vehicle only has one seat installed in each of the UberX vehicles so if you have more than one child, you will still need to bring the extra seats you need.
These unique IMMI Go seats are also not available for use in Canada. Be interesting to see if they really take off!
Deciding to rent a car seat at your destination on your next vacation is a very personal decision. Some families say they would never do it, others swear by it.
Once you’ve made the decision that you will rent a car seat at your destination, you might be wondering ‘where should I rent from?’
Renting from the Car Rental Agency:
- HERTZ offers free car seat rentals if you are an AAA member
- They have a rental fee cap of about $60-$70 per trip
- Their safety and cleanliness record has not been great as documented by families who have used them
- Your rental is not guaranteed, seats are not inventoried and rentals are on a first come first served basis
Renting from a Baby Equipment Rental Company
- As local, small business owners these companies lifeblood is their reputation. Always check on-line reviews when choosing a company.
- Discounts are offered for long-term and multi-item rentals to make renting affordable
- Delivery fees may apply for pick up/drop offs at Airport locations
- If you are brand specific, you may have to do a little research to find out which company rents the type of Car Seat you use at home.