Deciding to rent a car seat at your destination on your next vacation is a very personal decision. Some families say they would never do it, others swear by it.
Once you’ve made the decision that you will rent a car seat at your destination, you might be wondering ‘where should I rent from?’
Renting from the Car Rental Agency:
- HERTZ offers free car seat rentals if you are an AAA member
- They have a rental fee cap of about $60-$70 per trip
- Their safety and cleanliness record has not been great as documented by families who have used them
- Your rental is not guaranteed, seats are not inventoried and rentals are on a first come first served basis
Renting from a Baby Equipment Rental Company
- As local, small business owners these companies lifeblood is their reputation. Always check on-line reviews when choosing a company.
- Discounts are offered for long-term and multi-item rentals to make renting affordable
- Delivery fees may apply for pick up/drop offs at Airport locations
- If you are brand specific, you may have to do a little research to find out which company rents the type of Car Seat you use at home.