As part of our BRITAX car seat rental inventory, we have recently added some of the BRITAX Boulevard Click Tight Car Seat Rentals.
These easy to use seats make it simple to install properly the first time. For use rear facing from 5-40lbs and forward facing up to 65lbs.
Britax car seats are renowned for their side impact protection, steel bar reinforced shells and safe cell impact absorbing base.
Many families specifically request the BRITAX brand of car seats because those are the owns they use at home. We have always carried this superior brand of car seats in our rental inventory.
Here is a video on how easy to use the seats are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbx2NC5w7QQ
Looking for Child Seat Rentals? Call us in Edmonton 587-784-0212 or Calgary 403-510-2005
We often get referrals from clients who have called their local CAA/AMA (Alberta Motor Association) office about Child Car Seat Rentals.
The word on the street seems to be that this Association provides FREE Child Safety Seat Rentals to their members. Unfortunately, this just isn’t true.
What the Motor Association DOES offer is the FREE use of a child seat for members WHEN a car is rented through Enterprise, Alamo or National. Please also note that the use of a child seat at a rental car counter is based on a first come, first served basis. Child seat availability is never guaranteed like your car rental is. Most car rental outlets don’t inventory their seats and there have been many families who have requested a seat at the time of booking only to find the car rental company ran out of the particular type of seat they needed during peak periods. We get the panicked calls from families who are stuck at the airport with no way to transport their child in their rental car!
If you are wanting to rent a Baby Car Seat in your town or a location you are visiting, just google “Baby Equipment Rentals” for that location and at least one or two providers will pop up!
Bringing home a 4lbs infant can be daunting. When my own twins arrived early and were discharged at 4 and 5lbs each, I wasn’t sure what their first trip in the car would be like.
Many parents buy an infant car seat before baby arrives so that they are prepared. Unfortunately, many infant car seats on the market start from 5lbs and up. We specifically carry the GRACO Snugride and PEG PEREGO Primo Viaggio infant car seats in our rental inventorybecause they can accommodate infants from 4lbs up.
This link has a great list of carseats suitable for preemies: https://carseatblog.com/9813/recommended-carseats-for-preemies-multiples-carseatblogs-list-of-best-bets/
We offer short term car seat rentals in Calgary & Edmonton! 403-510-2005 or 587-784-0212
Some Uber cars are now coming equipped with car seats! Installed and waiting for your little one when they pull up to the curb.
So far, these seats are really only available in a few major cities like New York. But it is a great step forward for families who rely on the service.
The IMMI Go car seats are very unique and although they don’t work for all children, they are great for kids who meet the following standards:
- Children must be at least 12 months old
- Only available forward facing
- Minimum 22lbs
- Minimum 31 inches tall
So far each vehicle only has one seat installed in each of the UberX vehicles so if you have more than one child, you will still need to bring the extra seats you need.
These unique IMMI Go seats are also not available for use in Canada. Be interesting to see if they really take off!
Deciding to rent a car seat at your destination on your next vacation is a very personal decision. Some families say they would never do it, others swear by it.
Once you’ve made the decision that you will rent a car seat at your destination, you might be wondering ‘where should I rent from?’
Renting from the Car Rental Agency:
- HERTZ offers free car seat rentals if you are an AAA member
- They have a rental fee cap of about $60-$70 per trip
- Their safety and cleanliness record has not been great as documented by families who have used them
- Your rental is not guaranteed, seats are not inventoried and rentals are on a first come first served basis
Renting from a Baby Equipment Rental Company
- As local, small business owners these companies lifeblood is their reputation. Always check on-line reviews when choosing a company.
- Discounts are offered for long-term and multi-item rentals to make renting affordable
- Delivery fees may apply for pick up/drop offs at Airport locations
- If you are brand specific, you may have to do a little research to find out which company rents the type of Car Seat you use at home.
We carry several different models of the most popular car seats on the market. Calgary Car Seat Rentals start at $8/day!
Visit our website at www.OneTinySuitcase.ca or call us at 403-510-2005
Britax Car Seat Rentals- infant to toddler from 4-65lbs
Britax seats are renowned for safety with safecell technology to reduce the forces of a crash as well as an energy absorbing versa-tether. Britax car seats have integrated steel bars for further stability. Our Britax car seat rentals are also some of the most comfortable seats available with extra padding, high density foam, and adjustable harness.
Diono car seat rentals- Rear or Forward facing
Diono Car Seat Rentals
Diono car seats are known for their premium fabrics, steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced side walls. These car seat rentals can also fold to make them compact when needed!
Diono is a world leader in Car Seat Safety and technology. Long time favorite of parents who love to travel, the Diono brand of car seats are perfect for families on the go.
These car seat rentals can be used rear facing from 5-45 lbs. Forward facing from 22-65lbs. Booster seat usage up to 110lbs.
We think the Diono car seats are some of the easiest to install and with their slim design, they accommodate narrow back seats when used forward facing.
Here is a link to the Diono installation videos: http://ca.diono.com/en/video
These are brand new and only available starting July 2016. Contact us to reserve one today!
I have been giving this one a lot of thought…My twins were always with me when I travelled. I was a devoted MEDELA breastpump user so I could express milk anywhere I went. I even carried two mini-electric Medela pumps with me to go on hikes and trips to the Mountains. I would just spend a little extra time in the car before we started on our hike to make sure that I kept up my pumping schedule even away from home.
There can definitely be some logistical challenges when it comes to pumping your breastmilk at the airport or even on a long haul flight. Vehicle adapters, battery packs, cooler bags- it can be a lot of gear!
I have talked to other moms though who travel without their children and bring a breastpump with them to keep up their supply or to store the milk and bring it home with them (what a great gift to bring home from your travels!)
Here is a great article on the subject of Breastpumping and Travel. Check it out http://lactationmatters.org/2013/05/01/traveling-as-a-pumping-mother/
I also love the idea of wearing the Easy Expression nursing bra under your shirt so you can be ‘hands free’ if you need to be! http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/579/easy-expression-bustier
Love your Symphony (hospital grade) breast pump and don’t want to compromise while you are away? The Medela Symphony breastpump can be fitted with a car vehicle lighter adaptor so that you never have to worry about a power source wherever you choose to pump.
Traveling with your child is exciting! New experiences, new places, new faces…it can all be a little overwhelming too.
Smart moms know that for a stress free trip with your child you will need some extra planning and preparation.
Here are a few mom-tested tips to make your trip a success:
- Travelling by Air? Try to arrange your departure flight for a time of day when child likes to nap. The odds will be in your favour that your little one will be quiet and content during the flight if they are drifting off to sleep just as the flight is taking off.
- Decide if you will travel with your Car Seat or rent one at your destination. There are pros and cons to both, but this will need to be planned out in advance. If you are travelling by car, make sure your car seat is installed properly by double checking the seat’s manual and your vehicle’s owners’ manual.
- If your little one is on the move, you will need to pack a few supplies to “baby proof” your destination. Outlet covers and cabinet locks don’t take up a lot of room in your suitcase but will prevent you little one from exploring in some of the unsafe areas of a new location.
- Make sure your sweetie has a safe place to sleep while she is away from home. Don’t assume your destination is decked out like your nursery at home. Most hotels offer compact cribs but a private vacation rental may not. If you are staying with relatives, their idea of a safe place for baby to sleep might be a bit outdated.
- Plan ahead and arrange for baby equipment rentals (full size cribs, strollers, car seats, etc.) at your destination. Most major cities have companies that will supply you with all the comforts of home for baby while you are away. These companies are often run by moms just like you which means the equipment is up to date and meticulously cleaned.
- Have a favourite brand of diapers you don’t want to be without? You can arrange for a Baby Supply delivery right to your destination. Go online, place your order and have everything you need waiting for you upon arrival.
- Busy tourist areas can be tough with a toddler. Keep a current photo of your child in your purse or diaper bag. In the event that your child gets ‘lost’ you can instantly show people who to look for. A picture is worth a thousand words- especially when you are in a panic! Don’t let the trials of traveling with your baby stop that adventurous spirit that you had before baby was in your life. Most importantly, try to relax and go with the flow.
- Getting there is supposed to be half the fun, so…above all enjoy the journey!
- Make the most of your little one’s inquisitive nature. Show them the sights and sounds of a new destination while keeping them safe and comfortable!
Travelling with a baby can present some unique challenges.
When I started travelling with my twins, some of our first trips were to the grandparent’s house in Winnipeg. For the first couple of trips my parents would ask friends for items like a pack n play and toys.
On our first big trip to Hawaii I assumed the hotel would have everything I would need to keep the twins on their nap/sleep schedule. Turns out our hotel didn’t have cribs available and the pack n plays didn’t really meet the safety standards I was used to. We all lost a little sleep on that trip.
When I started One Tiny Suitcase, I knew I wanted to try to provide families with a service that made the transition from home to hotel as seamless as possible so everyone got a good night’s sleep.
That’s why we carry Full Size wooden cribs with 4 inch spring mattresses. We deliver and set up in hotel rooms with comfy 100% cotton Kushies linens included.
This week we had twins arriving from Edmonton. Two cribs, two happy kids, two well rested parents.